Regulations will require data from every one of your manufacturers. Worldly has the features and solutions to maximize value chain participation.
New regulations are emerging for consumer goods brands and retailers, from CSRD in the European Union to SB 253 and SB 261 in the United States. To prepare for these regulations, your company needs more sustainability data from every area in your value chain. This means gathering more primary environmental data from the manufacturers you’re already tracking, and expanding data collection to the remaining manufacturers you still haven’t reached. For example, both CSRD and SB 253 and 261 will require deeper data in areas including greenhouse gas emissions, water, and energy. To effectively prepare for upcoming regulations, it’s time to gather data from all of your manufacturers. Here are a few ways Worldly can help you achieve full participation.
Automate Communication and Tracking
Worldly’s Adoption Tool makes it easy to reach all of your manufacturers and help them stay on track for timely reporting. From the time you first upload your manufacturer contact list, to later understanding which manufacturers still need to share their results back with you, Worldly helps at every stage.
One of the biggest challenges with gathering supply chain data is being able to reach manufacturers before they join Worldly. On average, only 66% of manufacturers required to report their data will ultimately join Worldly. You can’t afford to lose out on the other 34% – compliant regulatory reporting will require data from 100% of your manufacturers. To help you get full participation, you can now send emails to manufacturers not yet on the platform. This email can be sent on a regular basis to manufacturers that still need to join Worldly, explaining their requirements.
Once your manufacturers join Worldly and complete stages such as purchasing an assessment, submitting data, working to get their data verified, and then sharing back with your company, the Adoption Tool continues to send automated emails based on their stage to help steer them in the right direction. This ensures your manufacturers are on track to share their final results in time with your requirements.
Use Higg FEM 4.0, the Next Generation Environmental Assessment
On November 2nd 2023, Worldly and the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) combined their expertise in primary data collection with industry-wide feedback to launch Higg FEM 4.0. This is the assessment our industry has been asking for, and is the leading solution for gathering the data you need to improve performance, report impact, and prepare for disclosure and compliance.
Higg FEM 4.0 offers a more custom experience for manufacturers, including enhanced logic that only prompts relevant questions, and new features that reduce the risk of human error and guide manufacturers where and when they need it most. Additionally, the assessment provides clearer data for calculating Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions and is better aligned to global frameworks such as the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), ZDHC Roadmap to Zero, and GHG Protocol. This reduces the need for manufacturers to complete additional assessments, alleviating audit fatigue.
In summary, the regulatory environment will demand your company report impact from the entirety of your value chain, which will require reporting participation from 100% of your manufacturers. Worldly helps you communicate with all of your suppliers at every step in the reporting journey. We are also the exclusive host of the Higg FEM 4.0 assessment, the industry’s leading solution for collecting the primary data you’ll need for building your regulation and disclosure strategy.
If you’re an existing customer, get in touch with your customer success manager about making the best use of the Adoption Tool! Encourage your manufacturers to buy Higg FEM 4.0 on Worldly as soon as they can, to take advantage of weekly live trainings and allow ample time for reporting. If you’re new to Worldly, contact us today.